The CloudCode is being developed collaboratively and in consultation with all stakeholders.
A core principle of the development of the code is that while NZCS is facilitating development, this is on behalf of the IT sector as a whole. With that in mind we’re holding a series of consultative meetings around New Zealand to give as many people as possible the opportunity to contribute to the development of the Code.
After holding public workshops, and publishing draft documents on the structure and approach of the code from which we received formal submissions and feedback, we have engaged volunteers from the industry to work on specialist areas of their knowledge to create the content of the code of practice. After consultation with over 200 people, the Draft of the NZ Cloud Computing Code of Practice was released for formal submissions.
CURRENT CONSULTATION ACTIVITY
Some minor changes to the CloudCode have been made, along with suggested changes to section 5.4 dealing with security. The consultation period closes at 5pm on the 30th January 2013.
The consultation document can be downloaded here
Previous Consultation Activities
The following activities are planned as part of the process of developing the Code, however additional consultation may be undertaken as required. Please note these dates are indicative and are subject to change.
- 1/11/2011-12/12/2011: Informal consultation on Structure and Approach, including workshops in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch and discussions with various cloud experts throughout New Zealand
- 23/12/2011-01/12/2012: Formal submissions called on draft skeleton model outlining structure and approach
- Late Jan 2012: Series of workshops throughout New Zealand focusing on specific aspects of the Code, as well as calling together of groups of experts with expertise in specific areas
- 14/03/2012-10/04/2012: Formal submissions called on draft Code of Practice for Cloud Computing
- May 2012: Release of Code of Practice for Cloud Computing in New Zealand
- June/July 2012: Consultation on Cloud Register and Complaints Procedure
More information and details can be found in the Cloud Code Terms of Reference.
Other documents of interest are now available ( click to download)
- NZ CloudCode Structure Approach.pdf - the proposed structure and approach document released 23 December 2011
- NZ CloudCode survey v1.pdf - a summary of the feedback and responses from the post workshop survey conducted in December 2011
- NZ CloudCode public submission report - a compilation of the submissions received on the draft structure and approach document
- Previous draft NZ CloudCode – the draft version released for consultation in March 2012 (Consultation Doc here).